‘If you are not for Zero Waste, then how much waste are you for?’ EU Zero Waste Alliance
- Zero Waste treats all products as resources to be used, reused, recycled or composted, not burned or buried.
- Zero Waste stops the emission of methane from landfill sites and toxic nano-particles from incinerators.
- Zero Waste stops the dumping of plastic in the oceans.
- Zero Waste empowers communities in taking charge of their own health and the health of the environment.
- Zero Waste enables communities to work with local authorities, businesses and universities in creative and practical partnerships for sustainable living..
- Zero Waste creates at least ten times as many jobs as conventional waste management.
- Zero Waste opens up possibilities for innovative product and packaging design.
- Zero Waste opens up possibilities for social entrepreneurs in creating new retail models.
- Zero Waste shifts the paradigm from long-term expensive fixed-contract solutions to adaptive, flexible, cost-effective solutions.
- Zero Waste shifts the paradigm from big centrally controlled solutions to small locally managed solutions.
Zero Waste makes sense.